The History

Old Station is steeped in history, being the site of the community’s former, branch line railway station, which opened in 1875 and closed in 1963, during the Beeching era.  The site still has many features of its former self and there is a large display of photographs etc of this past use, in its heyday, housed in reception, situated in the former goods shed.  This building was sympathetically restored in 2006 to also house a cafe/restaurant, concentrating on great locally sourced food.  Now open 6 days per week and run by an International chef.

 

For more information and photographs, please click here.